Supported Employment Services
- Work interests, abilities and history
- Career goals and plans
- Potential jobs that match the job seeker 's interests, abilities and career path
- Current support people and systems
- Short term hands-on job exploration
- Paid internship
- Crew placement
- Individual placement
- Job coaching
- Educational and/or technical skills training
- Softskills training
- Transportation and accessibility
Put employment plan into action
To schedule an information meeting call Erica Haskell at (209)955-1625 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Para programar una reunion de informacion llamada Erica Haskell en (209)955-1625 o email@example.com.
Erica Haskell, Program Manager
Day Program Services
Adult Development Services
The Arc's adult development services are for adults with significant intellectual and physical disabilities requiring a high level of assistance with personal care, adult life skills development and communication.
- Daily living and communication skills assessment
- Adaptive behavior assessment
- Individualized service plan design with input of individuals, family and regional center service coordinators
- Day services:
- Adult life skills training
- Social engagement activities designed for any level of communication
and physical ability
- Assistance with meals and personal care
- Community activities
- Monitoring progress
To schedule an informational meeting call either Ann Fisler or Mia Chatman-James at (209) 955-1625.
Cooking for the Crew
Simple recipes are taught and given to clients to take home and try. Contributing to making a meal creates a sense of family and shared responsibility. Social engagement is emphasized starting with identifying ingredients and using ingredient labels when making requests such as, "spaghetti" (for pass the spaghetti).
Making dog blankets
The dog blanket project was started due to love of animals, especially dogs, to support animal shelters and to raise program activity funds. Steps are adapted for ease and safety and include measuring, cutting, pinning and activating a switch to turn the sewing machine on. Social engagement is a planned and coordinated part of this and all activities and includes greetings and recognizing and responding to request cues.
Our clients hang newly washed donated clothing at St. Mary's clothing closet making clothing accessible to people in our community who are homeless. Social engagement with St. Mary's staff is an important part of volunteer work where our clients are recognized and gain a sense of accomplishment. Access to fresh weather-appropriate clothes is a basic part of life. The Arc is proud of the clients who donate their time to help others.
Oral Hygiene Refresher
The Oral Hygiene Refresher is to increase awareness of problems from not brushing, things you need to brush your teeth and how to brush your own teeth. Tooth brushing can be a difficult task for some. We show ways that tooth brushing can be adapted with partial participation.